St. Vincent's Health Australia
Our team developed and implemented a comprehensive e-Health strategy across St. Vincent’s and Mater Hospitals in NSW, Australia which operates 6 public hospitals, 9 private hospitals and 17 aged care and allied facilities. This multi-year project involved:
- Building an e-Health strategic and technical roadmap in partnership with Intel, Aeroscout, local IT partners and in-house hospital technology divisions.
- Digitizing patient data and ensuring compliance to international interoperability standards Health Level Seven International (HL7); Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) and SMART Health IT;
- Mapping clinician workflow and scheduling leveraging real time location systems (RTLS) and Radio Frequency Identification technology (RFID)
- Process mapping to facilitate e-Health records implementation;
- Implement digital communication systems using mobile Internet of Things (IoT) and telemedicine hardware and software applications (teleconsults, telepathology, telesurgery and teledermatology).
The multi-site project resulted in e-Health systems that continues to support St Vincent’s Health’s patient journey from hospital entry to homecare across Australia, and has collectively contributed to building patient-centered care initiatives extending innovative technologies to-date and forward.